The Ladera Heights Civic Association (LHCA) is a California Nonprofit Public Benefit Corporation. The LHCA was incorporated in 1991 for the specific purpose of representing the owners and renters of properties located in the portion of Los Angeles County known as Ladera Heights (including the Heights at Ladera).
Ladera Heights Civic Association's mission is to promote neighborliness, improve the quality of life and enhance property values in the community.
WHAT WE DO
- Research issues having a direct impact on our community; distribute information to, and when warranted, organize the community to develop appropriate responses.
- Represent Ladera with involved government entities such as the County of Los Angeles, and monitor their actions.
- Maintain and improve the aesthetics and standards of the community through beautification and other environmental initiatives.
- Foster a sense of community and an atmosphere of neighborliness through support for Block Clubs and other activities, both social and educational that benefit the community.
- Communicate issues of importance to the community using LHCA’S Inside Ladera newsletter, laderaheights.org website, and the firstname.lastname@example.org email network.
- Organize the service of community volunteers.
- Network with other stakeholders in adjacent communities.
- Improve safety and security through support of the Sheriff Department's community programs and services.
The LHCA is governed by a member-elected Board of Directors comprised of 7 Directors elected in even-numbered years and 6 Directors elected in odd-numbered years. Candidates for Director who are not elected are designated Alternate Directors and serve for a 1-year term.
The Board of Directors meets bi-monthly.
The LHCA is operated in accordance with the California
Corporations Code, the LHCA's Articles of Incorporation
The work of the LHCA is accomplished by volunteers who work as part of
Committees and on assigned Community Liaison
responsibilities. Volunteers are the heart and sole of the
Association and we WELCOME your help! To offer your services or
inquire about specific volunteer opportunities, call and leave a
message on our message line at 424-256-5422.